Friday, February 1, 2008

LIFE IS A ROLLER-COSTER

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wont be elaborating about the hit number by Ronan Keating, rather, my life has became a roller-coster now-a-days. This is one of the most important reason for not writing anything for so long. Well many new things happened within this period. Most Important is that 2007 passed by and 2008 dawned in.

Well starting of 2008 has marked the start of the new fear in every new ELTP who joined IBM in 2007. The fear of loosing their FIRST JOB. I am also one of them.Whatever may be the reason but the software business in India is facing a recess period since the start of 2008. Partly because of the turmoil that US Market is facing, partly because of the strengthening of Indian Rupee and various other reasons which go over my head.

Lately, I have started taking a lot of interest on Linux Programming. Working out a lot to learn it. Work pressure in my office is also very high this days so I get hardly any time to work for my personal goals. This is another reason for being late to write.

So, it is full of ups and downs that I am passing through. Only thing I know is that a very thin string is holding me and my job with IBM. Its only a email from the company that will decide my future.

Is it that fate of every Indian S/W Engineers lie on the US Market or is it that the strengthening of the Indian Economy is a curse for our fate. I don't know the answer and its up to other S/W engineers in service sector to find out.

GOD help us......................

2 comments:

Shayon said...

Dude, you are taking things too hard on yourself. The very rating that you got from IBM speaks volumes about your calibre. Don't worry hard and keep your focus on your goals. I'm very sure you'll be successful one day. Just keep spreading the Linux love.

vinay shivakumar said...

this is giving me chills...
In which division/Business unit are they laying off ?? Or is it a blanket layoff ?