Thursday, December 20, 2007

THIS IS HOW MY PRESENT GNOME DESKTOP LOOK.......CHECK IT OUT

I was always fascinated by the look of a MAC Desktop. It was something which every person bitten by the bug called 'computer', would love to have in their Intel Platform computer.

Few days back I was just googling arou
nd in my office, when I suddenly stumbled upon this interesting post in How-to-forge website.(Here)

Another interesting thing that I found out was that this project is a gift from a Indian to the open source world. His name is
Anirudh Acharya.
This was primarily tested on a ubuntu machine. But I Installed it in my Fedora 8 Desktop with some configuration. Check out whether you can distinguish between 'Linux+Gnome+Mac4Lin' and a normal Machintosh desktop.






Now tell me What is this???








Nice Icon Set and Fonts





Nautilus --- running with the Theme loaded.







This is Compiz-Fusion with Mac4Lin.





This is how any window closes in my desktop





Switching between workspace has never been so easy. Thanks to compiz-fusion.





'Vista' is like a child in front of this.












This is what even Vista doesn't have.


















'Vista' is so proud of itself because of this effect.....Good Joke.
Mamu, earning money is very hard. Some pays nearly 15K and another 20K for hardware to get this.
I pay nothing. I just show a "Thumbs Up!!!!" to the Linux World.


"LONG LIVE THE TUX GOD"

Finally, Mozilla Firefox running with the Safari browsers theme.





'WOW!!!' is what I can think off.


What do u think?????




Finally, I want to thank Anirudh for such a wonderful creation and pray to God for this project to do well in FOSS 2008.

ALL IT NEEDS IS LITTLE TIME ( WHICH MOST OF US HAVE ) AND LITTLE PATIENCE TO GET USED TO LINUX. SO MY FRIEND IT IS A REQUEST TO ALL OF YOU TO JUST TRY OUT THIS ATLEAST ONCE TO BREAK SOMEBODY'S MONOPOLY. THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC WORLD, WHY SHOULD WE ALL HAVE SOMEBODY TO RULE OVER US. WHAT DO U SAY GUYS???( O O AND OFCOURSE GALS. THIS WORLD IS OPEN FOR THEM TOO...HE HE HE....JUST JOKING...NO HARD FEELINGS PLZ)


2 comments:

Shayon said...

This got to be a lovely co-incidence, man. Currently, even I'm bitten by the Mac bug. It was just the day before tht i transformed my windows into a mac. dont believe me? check out this pic.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9152/mydesktopbf3.jpg

Manvender said...

Ulalala..Linux looks sexyyy man..the 3D images are too gud..